I've moved

Hi, thanks for dropping by - I've moved over to wordpress and I'm no longer maintaining this one.
Please head over to http://24heuer.com cheers, Andy...

Tuesday 1 November 2011

TAG Heuer Monaco CS2110 - the watch that sparked an obsession!

Back in 1998 I was into Breitlings and not even vintage ones!
A job move to Amsterdam saw me passing through Heathrow Airport on a fairly regular basis.
One day I was on my way to the aircraft, drifting by the tax-free shops, when something stopped me dead in my tracks!
It was the new re-edition Monaco ref CS2110.
WOW!!!
There were pictures of Steve McQueen and Jo Siffert on the back of a motorcycle looking like the coolest guys on the planet, ever!
I had to have one.
Subconsciously I must've seen Monacos before because it just seemed the perfect watch and felt 'right'.
This is the watch that led me down the vintage Heuer path to where I am today.
Anyway, this week I got a new arrival, and it looks and feels superb.
I've had re-editions before and haven't really been that keen to be honest but the CS2110 is different and I love it :-)
Looks even better on a vintage corfam.
The series was limited to 5000 pieces and recent demand has seen prices rise steadily so my advice is to buy one now before they go too high.

No comments:

Post a Comment