I've moved

Hi, thanks for dropping by - I've moved over to wordpress and I'm no longer maintaining this one.
Please head over to http://24heuer.com cheers, Andy...

Thursday 8 October 2009

Autavia Ref. 2446C GMT, shiny new bezel...



OK, I'm kidding - its just an after-market bezel insert for a 1163 resting on top of the old one :-)
Thing is with the 2446 bezels, they're one-piece with the numbers printed (or dyed?) onto the bezel itself unlike the 1163 for example which has a separate bezel insert.

I am actually tempted to shave a bit off the base of the insert and stick it on though as what's there already is so faded - purists would be horrified but its stopping me wearing the watch as it is and I can always remove it later anyway.
This is really common feature/problem and its rare to find one with the original strong colours it left the factory with...


No comments:

Post a Comment